Please Share and Follow us on Twitter!
NINJAK IS HERE! You can now watch the first episode of Ninjak on the link below:
Ninjak Episode Premiere!
Ive waited 2 years for this! and I am happy to say that the first episode does not disapoint in anyway. The only critique I have at all is that I wish it was a little longer. I WANTED MORE! The 2nd episode of the series will be released tomorrow, with one episode dropping each day of the week until all 6 episodes are released.
Here are some quick thoughts I had as I was watching it:
- Loved each characters intro. The show is basically designed to be an Avengers like film that brings all of the major Valiant characters into the fold.
- Really liked the fight with Livewire and Ninjak
- Bloodshot's intro was crazy. People are going to love JDF as Bloodshot.
- Felt like each character was done justice and looked and acted like you would expect them to. Great actors on this, who all bring an immense physical presence to their roles. Bat in the Sun basically selected actors who don't require much special effects to appear as superheroes.
- I was somewhat worried there would be a cheesy reason that would make the other heroes fight Ninjak but the reason makes sense and is explained well.
- Sound and acting were very good, the intro music with the comic panels was very cool. I think all Valiant fans will dig it.
- I really need to call out how awesome the special effects are in this. I don't know what the budget of this series was compared to say Agents of SHIELD or Inhumans but generally felt that the special effects shown here were superior.
- The villain Roku actually has a similar power as that of Medusa and I was worried it was going to come off as bad as Medusa did in Inhumans but that was not the case.
- The show also streamed well, I did pause once for me but overall was a solid viewing experience.
So overall I am very postive on the premiere episode and can't wait to watch tomorrow's episode.
Go watch it and let em know what you think!
Also recommend checking out the twitter and Instagram of the lovely Ciera Foster. She plays Livewire in the series and was livestreaming with fans on Saturday morning on her Instagram.
More on release from ComicBook.com
As first announced at the 2018 Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE will begin streaming on Comicbook.com on April 21st, starting with the first of six episodes! Each subsequent episode will debut one per day thereafter, culminating in the finale on April 26th. The bone-shattering series will pit MI6’s master assassin, Ninjak, against a gauntlet of Valiant’s most formidable heroes for a bloodstained battle royale torn from the pages of the largest independent superhero universe in comics!
Directed by Aaron & Sean Schoenke of Bat in the Sun Productions – the creators of the massively popular YouTube sensation Super Power Beat Down – and written by Aaron Schoenke, Sean Schoenke, Joe Harris, and Andrew Rowe, NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE stars Michael Rowe (The CW’s Arrow and The Flash) as Colin King, aka Ninjak; Jason David Frank (Power Rangers) as Bloodshot; John Morrison (WWE, El Rey’s Lucha Underground) as the Eternal Warrior; Chantelle Barry (90210, Entourage) as Roku; Kevin Porter (Dodgeball) as Armstrong; Ciera Foster (Two and a Half Men) as Livewire, and Derek Theler (ABC’s Baby Daddy) as X-O Manowar.
Colin King is Ninjak, MI6’s deadliest intelligence operative and weapons expert. When the ruthless assassin Roku exploits his greatest weakness, Ninjak will be forced to betray his closest allies. Now, on the run, he must face off against the most powerful heroes known to man for a high-octane, take-no-prisoners trial by fire more perilous and more unpredictable than any he’s faced before. On April 21st, the world’s most dangerous super-spy goes to war with the Valiant Universe…
PLUS: Jump headlong into the fight-fueled showdown of the century as acclaimed writer Eliot Rahal (The Paybacks) and red-hot artist Joe Bennett (Teen Titans, Deathstroke) reveal the full scope and adrenaline-drenched intensity of the NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE comic book series! The first three issues are available now wherever comic books are sold, and the final issue debuts April 18th, just days before the digital series drops on your device!
THEN: Also on April 18th, Overworld Games debuts NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE – THE VALIANT CARD GAME, an interactive adventure in which players take the roles of their favorite Valiant heroes to team up to stop Ninjak, who has stolen a book of enormous power and disappeared. Players must build up their power to survive the surprises and traps Ninjak throws at the team…while also attempting to fulfill their own private agenda. The game will be available at hobby and game shops, comic book stores, and at Overworldgames.com.
Get ready for the much-anticipated, first-of-its-kind, live-action digital series NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE, coming from Bat in the Sun Productions and streaming on Comicbook.com, starting April 21st!