Pokemon Go! Update Information:
This post is to track major updates to the Pokemon Go app. The game is new and is off to a massive start. Niantic though has mentioned that they have come across a few things they want to tweak and also some major things they want to add to the game. Some of their ideas mentioned at San Diego Comic Con 2016 by Niantic include an ability to upgrade Pokestops, a Pokemon transfering system, and person to person battling. They also revealed artwork of the three leaders of the different teams and promised to add meaningful aspects to the game around teams.
Update: October 17, 2016 - High Speed Brake
Pokemon Go has appeared to have lost the ability to be played at High Speed. This is likely a safety consideration built into the game to force users to walk to play it. The game will no longer show Pokemon on the nearby screen or have spawn when traveling above a certain speed.
Additionally the game can sometimes error on GPS and block spawns even when walking. This change is frustrating many users.
There are some quirks that may need to be ironed out with this update but this is something I have expected since the game first launched and I witnessed many people playing the game while driving.....badly.
It is too bad though because many people have been playing the game while riding on Public Transportation where it has previously worked very well.
Update: October 10, 2016 - Pokedex - Seen vs Caught Change
Pokemon Go has updated the Pokedex to update seen Pokemon with Pokemon that are encountered in gyms. This means you no longer need to catch a Pokemon to have seen it.
This also means that the visible pokemon in the Pokedex are no longer a reliable gauge for the Pokemon you have caught. The Pokedex will list a total number of seen and caught pokemon. If you click on an individual Pokemon it will also tell you the number of that Pokemon you have caught.
Official Announcement from Niantic
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
Update: October 7, 2016 - Gym Training Change
New update makes it so that a player can go to a "friendly" gym (A gym controlled by their team Blue, Yellow, Red) and use 6 Pokemon in training sessions instead of one. Also the Pokemon guarding the gym will adjust their CP lower to match that of players CP. This makes it so that a new player with low level Pokemon could still enjoy battling at a gym instead of showing up and getting clobbered.
Official Announcement from Niantic
Gym Training Just Got Easier... Trainers, As we continue to make improvements to Pokémon GO, we have made an enhancement to the Gym experience for Trainers of all levels. In an upcoming version of Pokémon GO, when training at a friendly Gym, Trainers will be able to bring six Pokémon to battle instead of one. In addition, the CP of the Pokémon you are training against may be temporarily adjusted lower during your training session to generally match your Pokémon’s battle capabilities. No matter what your level, you can now have an impact on your team’s Gym. Walk with your Buddy Pokémon to that nearby landmark and show your Team Leader that you can battle with the best!
Update: September 13, 2016
A few major updates have occurred. Appraisal feature has been added to let players know how strong their pokemon is relative to other pokemon of the same species. There is also a new Nearby tracking screen and the biggest update of the all the Buddy Pokemon feature. The Buddy Pokemon feature has not yet rolled out to everyone but is live in some areas. Some have found that the Buddy Pokemon feature has also only hit some providers and not others.
For more details on Buddy feature:
Buddy Pokemon Click Here
For more details on IV and appraisal feature
IVs and Appraisal feature CLICK HERE
Update: August 12, 2016
Two major noticeable changes. The Nearby Screen is now called the Sighting Screen for Pokemon tracking. It does not show distance. There is grass image added behind the pokemon in the sightings screen that looks cool but otherwise does not seem to do anything. The screen updates about every 15 seconds with the Pokemon active on your map that you can see.
A driving warning now flashes on the screen if Pokemon Go sees you are going to fast. You must confirm you are passanger. The problem with this is that gps signals sometime seem to jump in the ap making it think you are driving when you are fact sitting on your couch or walking.
Update: July 30, 2016 -
Niantic released the following update with the following changes -
- The footprints on the nearby screen were removed as they were not working correctly
- Additional clothing options were added so Poketrainers could dress in the gear of their teams
- Battling changes were made to reduce the power of some quick attacks like water gun. This change is meant to increase the use of special attacks. It also should help reduce the effectiveness Vaporeon. Who had used these attacks in a dominating fashion. More damage was added to be based off type or comparable damage making picking the correct type of Pokemon important. Early reports say that Vaporeon's effectiveness has been very reduced.
- Transferring Pokemon was made faster. Instead of scrolling to the bottom of the Pokemon information tab and clicking transfer a circular button with three lines was added to the bottom right corner and is always visible. This button opens a menu where a Pokemon can either be Favorited or Transferred.
- An extra pop up warning was added when first turning on the game.
- Battery saving mode removed
Battling changes graphic by Silph Road
This info-graphic made by Silph road shows the strongest moves on a per second basis game. After the update it seems that quick attacks have greatly dropped in power.
The Poke fun has just begun...Also See!
Funny Pictures of Snorlax
Pokemon Types Explained
More Pokemon GO! Tips, Tricks and More!
More Games and Toys!